If you have more than 1GB RAM then there is no reason that Windows XP should run from page file in hard disk. you can increase the speed of your computer by forcing the windows XP to run from Computer’s RAM (Memory). This one is the best tweak for windows XP I ever found, and it works very well. With this tweak w oue will force windows to load kernel and drivers in memory.
Here is what you have to do :
1) Open the regedit tool (Start -> Run -> regedit.exe )
2) Use the navigation in the left and go to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
3) Double click the DisablePagingExecutive attribute, and put 1 in the decimal value field
This will make the drivers and the XP kernel run in memory.
4) Double click the LargeSystemCache attribute, and put 1 in the decimal value field
This will improve performance of the kernel
5) Double click the IOPageLockLimit attribute. On some later versions of windows XP that doesn’t exists, so if this is the case you’re done. Otherwise you have to put to the hex value : 4000 for pcs with 128 mb ram, 10000 for 256 mb ram and if you have more put 40000. This value specifies how many bytes can be used for I/O operations in your system.
That’s it, enjoy your faster pc
You might also like
|How To Optimize Computing Speed for Windows 7 – Part 1 Want your Windows 7 OS to operate at its optimal speed? Follow the steps given below and note the change...||5 Easy Ways to Speed Up Your Computer! If there is one thing that you expect out of your computer, its fast speed. Computer speed is one of...||How To Increase Downloading speed These days internet has the easiest and fastest way of downloading all kinds of information. U can get...||Internet Speed: How to Increase with HOSTS file Increasing Internet speed is an uphill battle. Especially when you are on a dial-up connection, It is...|