Thanks for reading “How to Double the Firefox browsing speed on dialup connections”. As we all know, firefox is taking over the browser’s market with it’s improved features and enhanced security. It is so far the fastest browser out of the box among its major competitors like I.E. and Opera. Still there is lot’s of room for improvement in firefox. Fortunately due to open nature of the browser it is not difficult to tweak your browser to get the optimal browsing speed.
I have compiled here a list of tips and tricks and tweaks that I have done to my browser to get most of my slow slow connection. It should work for you as well. I have done some site loading time tests before and after these tweaks.I have seen a 80% increase in performance. I am eager to hear from you about your experience with this.
- Type about:config in the address bar and hit Enter.
- In the filter search bar type network.http.pipelining. Be sure the value field is set to true, if not double-click to set to true. (HTTP is the application-layer protocol that most web pages are transferred with. In HTTP 1.1, multiple requests can be sent before any responses are received. This is known as pipelining. Pipelining reduces page loading times, but not all servers support it.)
- Go back to the filter search bar and type network.http.pipelining.max requests. Double-click this option and set its value to 8.
- In the filter search bar and type network.http.proxy.pipelining. Once opened double click on it and set it to true.
- In the filter search bar Type network.dns.disableIPv6 and set this option to true by double clicking on it. (In IPv6-capable DNS servers, an IPv4 address may be returned when an IPv6 address is requested. It is possible for Mozilla to recover from this misinformation, but a significant delay is introduced.)\
Pages: 1 2...
You might also like
If you rememer dial up, you’ll Love This… Dial up Modem Sound A Blast from Past... ... Firefox 3.5 RC2 Now Publicly Available On Monday the second release candidate (RC) for Firefox 3.5 has been unveiled by Mozilla. Firefox 3.5... Tweaking Internet Speed in Windows Vista: OpenDNS Here is a very impressive trick to tweak Windows Vista's Internet Speed. This method is very similar... The Latest Firefox 4 Beta The newly launched Firefox 4 is an upgrade of the the previous version which has enhanced features such...