Before we start, we must note that before changing the settings in a DNS server that these settings are for users of following windows
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows server 2003
and to add to this fact if one is configured with a router, the router configuration utillity has to be configured in order to change the DNS settings or for further details consult your router’s user manual.
- Right click on the My Network Places icon on the desktop and select Properties.
- If the user is not the classic menu (in windows xp) the icons isn’t available, go to Start menu | My Computer | My Network Places | View Network Connections.
- Locate the network connection that is associated with your Internet connection.
- This may be tagged like “Local Area Connection.” Having more than one connection than we might a list to choose from, and before making selection be sure you select the right one which proceeds you to next step
- Right click on the appropriate connection or the connection you want to choose and then select Properties.
- By doing this General tab appears in the list and double click on the Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) option.
- In the window that pops-up, one should select the option Use the following DNS server addresses…
- One should enter at least one of your personal preferred DNS servers. here is a complete list of free dns servers.
- By clicking Ok we come out of all windows until one is back in the Network Connections window. One can now open the web browser and browses the website to see if the connection improves or not.
Following these steps is a standard to configure router in windows xp ,windows server 2003 or windows 2000 for the user utility regarding DNS server
You might also like
|Top 30 Free Fast DNS Servers There are different problems that occur during browsing the internet. These problems are caused due...||How to check DNS Propogation Status of Your Website? DNS is an abbreviation used for Domain Name Server, which plays an important role in the working of...||Free Fast DNS Server Adresses The Domain Name System (DNS) is a standard technology for managing the names of Web sites and other...||Seven Tips To Improve Your iPhone Battery Life So you got an iPhone on Christmas. With all of the new features including great games, GPS tracking,...|