WordPress is a blog publishing application that is used by millions of people worldwide. It started off as a mere platform for writing stuff, but now is a full fledged business tool, that has more than half of the world’s blogs depending on it. It offers many plugins and widgets that can be downloaded for making the blogs look attractive.
There is one problem here. These plugins affect the performance of our blogs. They make it slow by bloating the blogs. We need to make our blogs user-friendly so that many peoply can read it without having any problem.
TOP 10 Plugins for WordPress:
Many of us download free plugins for our site. But these make our site work slow thus less people visit our site and read blogs. Here are the top 10 wordpress plugins that you can download to your wordpress blog and let your readers enjoy reading blogs, without affecting the speed of the blog.
1) Light Box 2:
- This effective plugin helps in overlaying images by using Colorbox.
- You can view clear and large images without opening the picture on a new tab.
- You can also auto-lightbox all the images.
- These factors increases streamlining.
- You can download this plugin from http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/lightbox-2/.
2) Wp – Print:
- If your reader wants to print a post, then he can click on the print button and then surf other parts of your blogs.
- This allows the reader to go through different pages of your website and know more about your site.
- This plugin is a freebie and you can access it from http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-print/.
- This plugin will throw out all the spammers, thus allowing you to earn more trust from the readers.
- You can download it from http://akismet.com/download/.
4) Smart 404:
- 404 error gives the user an impact that your site is pretty old.
- The main problem is that people mistype the URL.
- This plugin opens a searchbox that allows the user to look at the site that matches close with the URL.
- http://atastypixel.com/blog/wordpress/plugins/smart-404/ is the site from where you can get this.
5) WordPress Popular Posts:
- This allows you to put your best pages at the side of this page.
- This plugin offers customization and usability for the users.
- You can access it from http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-popular-posts/.
6) W3 Total Cache:
- http://www.w3-edge.com/wordpress-plugins/w3-total-cache/ is from where you can download this amazing plugin.
- It improves the server performance of your site.
- It opens the html pages from your blog and take out the page for the users.
- A static page is less expensive and fast as compared to dynamic.
7) Post Teacher:
- This plugin allows the user to see a preview of the post along with the link to that post.
- This makes the reader decide whether to open the post or not, thus saving time.
8) Search Everything:
- This plugin opens all the possible answers related to the search.
- You can download it from http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/search-everything/other_notes/.
- This plugin offers the user to search all the pages without passwords, taxes etc.
9) Outbound Links:
- This plugin opens all outbound link on a new page.
- You can download it from http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/outbound-links/.
10) Subscribe to Comments:
- It allows the user to subscribe to your site so that they receive an email for the comments and remain in the discussion.
- You can download it from http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/subscribe-to-comments/.
You might also like
|10 WordPress Plug-in for powering your Blogging Experience In this blog post I will explain you that how you can use advance wordpress plug-in for powering your...||Top 10 WordPress Plugins Wordpress, a very useful tool for blogging websites. It can be made more effective by using its plugins....||How to configure Window live writer for WordPress blogs? Windows live writer is an important tool that is used by almost every blogger for the purpose of blogging. Step...||How to Fix Fatal Error after upgrade to WordPress 2.8 If you are like many of us using some plug-ins like nofollow links in post or Google analytics(these...|